Here is my learning network. I realized after creating it just how intertwined my networks are. I used to pride myself on being able to separate my work life from my family and social life, but as I built this visual I started to see just how connected the corners of my life are. My connections at work become social connections, while several of my social connections prove to be valuable in the areas of work and continuing education. Before these networks existed, I had very few sources of credible information to turn to. Now, however, I find myself tapping into the networks of others with whom I work and socialize. This has increased my ability to access credible sources exponentially.
Another realization I had is that I tend to use primarily social technologies to learn new information. While I began using Facebook, Twitter, and Skype simply to stay connected with friends and family, I now find myself turning to these tools in order to connect with colleagues and tap into a broader knowledge network. Each technology serves as a portal to a distinct network. While websites for professional organizations, electronic newsletters, and other technologies are still great sources for information, these social networks are the quickest and most efficient way to engage new material and find answers to my questions.
Comment for the Module found at:
http://mboese.blogspot.com/2011/10/connectivism-mindmap.html?showComment=1319935045637#c1517904594142534949
http://rogeronblog-roger.blogspot.com/2011/10/connectivism.html

Hello Adam,
ReplyDeleteI agree with you in that we do not realize how connected we are and how these connections are intertwined and overlapping but yet serve a specific purpose for us.
I enjoyed reading your mind map.
Roger